Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hope for more than a half an hour

Ava is making some strides today. She is now off of IV fluids and is getting an ounce of formula an hour through her NJ tube. She is still on the ventilator, but is beginning to be weaned off of it. She will not come off until at least Tues as she will have her muscle and skin biopsy's. She is moving around some too.

Still no final read on the MRS. That won't be done until Mon. The MRI portion has nothing different to report than from before.

I miss our girls. We feel so torn, knowing that it's OK. We just want to be with them too. Elaina has been crying out for us at night in her sleep. This breaks my heart. They all are handling this well though.

We cannot express how grateful we are for the outpouring of prayers, love and support we are receiving. While Eric was sick and after he died, we dug deep to pray for our son and through our grief. The reward was profound as we felt the Hands of God guiding us. The emotional toll was pricey. To this day we are unable to expend that energy like that. We pray, we cry, we even laugh. The intensity with which we approach the day is not nearly the same. What I am seeing is that God has called thousands to pray for Ava, for our family with ferver, intent, passion and desire. He knows that we are drained and He is calling hosts of people to support us in the area where we have the greatest deficit. Thank you for honoring that call and helping our family walk this long and frightening road.

Our little ladybugs are precious to us and are His gift to our family. For that we are so grateful.

3 comments:

  1. I saw your page a while ago and couldn't find it again, although I had been thinking about you guys and the baby recently. Glad I foudn you again. I will pray, and believe for great things with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We sing with Carolyn in the choir. Ava and all of you are in our hearts and prayers daily. In Christ, Herb & Laurel Schrock

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy,
    I am lost for words. I have been out of touch for so very long. So self absorbed in my own life. I have a hard time managing 2 healthy boys and menial daily tasks that carry so little significance. I have read just a sliver of yours and Ava's story and I am in shock. I know that I would be so overwhelmed by all the different directions that you are being pulled in right now.
    I wish that I could put my arms around you and your family right now. I wish I could be strong enough to carry some of your burdens.
    Fortunately God's arms are that long and that strong and that compassionate. I pray that you would feel that reality.
    I hope that the cliche of my promise to pray is able to encourage you in some small way.
    I will pray for you and your family. I will bow before God on behalf of Ava.
    Even if you grow tired and weary of praying, I hope that you can rest in the knowledge that other unseen arms are taking up the baton of prayer while you find scattered moments of sleep.
    Peace to you.
    -Jeff Huang

    ReplyDelete