Friday, December 25, 2009

Tucking in

Tonight Elaina ca me bounding in to Emily and Alexa's room at bedtime. "Mommy, you tuck Emmy and Lexa in and you come and give me a kiss and I tell you a story, OK?." This is what she does every night. It's how I can see how she's processing what is going on in our home. It's her way of stalling before bedtime. Everybody wins.

During one of these "story times" Elaina was able to ask questions about Ava's burial service and why she was "in a box". I could hardly believe how much of the day her little 2 year old brain understood what happened that day.

Tonight our conversation/story was this:

E- "Mommy, why's Ava in Heaven?"
E- "She got a new body".
M- "What's she doing with it?"
E- "She holding God's Hand."
E- "Why Eric in Heaven?"
M- "Why is Eric in Heaven?"
E- "He Died."
E- "He got a new body."
M- "What's he doing?"
E- "He holding God."

To think about Ava holding God's hand brings me comfort. To think about God holding us brings me Joy.

2 comments:

  1. Love to read your updates. Thank you for shring your heart with us. Praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chills when reading this. Little ones are so observant!

    ReplyDelete