Monday, December 28, 2009

Family time

Today was a much needed good day after the tough one we had yesterday. The bugs flitted around the house in leotards and tutu's having "ballerina" lessons at 20 o'clock. Oh wait, they changed it to 5:30. There were couch cushions all over the place. Blanket piles and some strange chant that Allan and I couldn't figure out what was being said.

It was nice.

We had movie night and game night. It's amazing how one pizza served in the family room on a kid table with paper plates in front of the same mind numbing children's show (Strawberry Shortcake) can turn into a major event when you are 5, 5, and 2. If we ate it in the kitchen, where's the fun in that?

We spent the majority of the day trying to figure out the best way to approach Disney. They try to tell you that it's affordable. I'd like to know by whom. I heard there were lots of deals out there. Just not really now. We did find some good stuff, eventually. So I think we are going to try and go. There are still kinks to work out. (I am holding out for a better reduction in cost.)

While we were in the throes of research Elaina bounces up to us and wants us to come "look I did". "Hold on Honey, just a minute." "Daddy, LOOK I did." "Hold on honey Mommy and I are doing something." "DADDY, LOOK I DID." "Hold on Honey, Mommy and I are doing something, that involves you being able to meet Mickey Mouse." "Oh." Off she went.

It was hysterical.

It feels good to laugh, even when it's outside of yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you found the one way to silence a 2-year-old!

    -Erica

    ReplyDelete