Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Hustle and Bustle

Yesterday was Ava's burial and her Memorial service. It was an emotionally exhausting, yet beautiful, day. We are hard pressed to find the appropriate words to sufficiently thank all who have supported our family. The outpouring is humbling and overwhelming. The community around us is helping us keep it together, so to speak. We, of course, recognize that God is holding us together too. But He is working through all of you, and we recognize that too.

Today we try to live in the shadow of our sorrow and the sunshine of the Birth of Christ. (We are also trying to deal with the continual hacking cough and sleepless nights as a result said hacking coughs. Which is getting really old, I might add). So today it was off to the mall with the three bugs. Not the best judgement on our part, but sisters had to buy presents for each other. We tried to tell them that there are no more presents, but they weren't falling for it.

We plan on doing our best to have a good time on Christmas. There will be tears. There will lots of hugs and laughter too. We can do that. So we will.

4 comments:

  1. No more presents, huh? I'll give you originality points for that one. Not at all suprised that they didn't buy it though. :)

    Jen Stevenson

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure Mary shared some of your feelings during this time- you're in good company to cry, laugh, rage, be sad, be joyous and the whole spectrum of emotions. love you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy your adventure to the mall reminds me of when my mom died. I was 17 and in college. The day after her funeral I had to take an exam. The professor wanted to know why I hadn't turned in the prelab the day before. I answered very quietly that I was at my mom's funeral and didn't have time. He looked incredulously at me, like he didn't believe me, but moved on. I honestly think he had no idea what to think and I was in such a blur that I really thought I should take the exam - which I failed - don't know why??? The wonderful and sad thing about the day after a loss is that life all around us is going on and people see us but have no idea what has happened in our hearts. But I think this is God's plan to get us out and move our healing forward...like going the mall:) Mary T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as always your post hits the nail on the head and jen stein and mary t's comments, profound.

    God is good, all the time. Knows what we need when we can't fathom His ways I guess.

    Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete