Friday, December 11, 2009

Makes No Sense

So here we are. It's been exactly one month since Ava was admitted to this PICU. She is bigger and beautiful. A nurse who hasn't seen her in a while came to visit. She asked me if she was getting better. I told her no. But she's not dying either. I will tell you that she looks really good today.

We've had some really thought provoking conversations with the nursing staff today. Aptly timed and a blessing.

Today, I have hope for Ava and peace in my soul. It's been missing for the better part of the week, but today it's back.

The bigger bugs slept a little better last night, but they each had their own issues. Elaina is currently the sickest of the group. They are getting lots of love from grandparents and their special sitter, who really is more like family than anything else.

We don't know what the next step is. God does and He will direct us. Today I am going to relish the fact that Ava looks good and that she still is fighting. Can I tell you that girlfriend does it with grace and style too. I also relish the fact that she actually felt a little snugly when I held her today. You know I'm going to enjoy the fact that I'm going to get my hair cut soon too.

1 comment:

  1. It was a blessing to read your post tonight. I am praying for you and your beautiful baby and your family. What a gift Ava is.

    ReplyDelete