Saturday, November 14, 2009

Saturday

The doctors have not made their rounds on Ava yet so we don't know any official results. What struck us this morning is that the Neurologist covering for Ava's doctor stopped by her room today just to introduce himself. He wanted to let us know that he is aware of the plan of care. He is aware of our story and family history. He will not be actively involved but if we need him he is available. That is the way medicine should be practiced.

Allan and I both woke up this morning feeling down. This of course made us nervous. You never know what you are going to find in the morning. This is so true for a critical patient. Also it was true at our house (ours house as Elaina used to call it). This morning we found 2 extra people there. My brother in law and niece were flying home from Spain and did not make their connecting flight in Philly. Off to hotel Benton they came. (We don't charge much). Mark has not had a chance to meet Ava, so we feel truly blessed that he will have that opportunity.

Coming to the hospital we were hoping for good Ava surprises too. I was expecting that there would be bad news. There wasn't, per se. Her lactate level increased in the last 24 hours, but not by much at all (.9). She was fed all night and is going up on her feeds. She is stable as she can be. The kind Neurologist looked into her MRI results yet. The final report is not in however the preliminary report shows that there is no obvious stroke. Also there are no peaks of lactic acid build up in her brain. (I did not know that that could happen either.) We are waiting for the final official results but are encouraged.

A friend of mine messaged me and told me that she has hope for Ava today. I like that. I think we will too.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Amy,

    Your post today reminded me of a line from my all-time favorite movie, "The Shawshank Redemption:"

    "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best thing..."

    Your post today reminded me of one of my favorite Bible verses from Romans 12:12:

    "Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer."

    With much love, hope and prayer,

    Merrie Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope is a believe in a postitive outcome with God's help.

    ReplyDelete