Friday, November 13, 2009

Gearing up for today

This morning we woke up to a house full of our children. It's been so quite here without them. It's so nice to have a little normalcy. Elaina woke up about 5:50 crying for us. I scoop her up and and snuggled her in bed. It was the best hour of sleep I've had in a long time.

I got a couple seconds to explain to the Emily and Alexa that Ava is getting a little bit better, that we don't know if she will come home with us, but we hope so. I also told them that the doctors do think that Ava has other things broken in her body, not just her ears, just like Eric. I told them that that doesn't mean she's going to go to God right away. So we are to pray that Ava gets stronger. I told them that only God can make Ava strong. So simple, but it actually makes sense to me.

We can give her vitamins, feeding tubes. But God is the one who created her. He is the only one who can sustain her. I will never ever ever understand the whys. But I do know that if he chooses, He can and will do it.

Yesterday I had a hole in my sock. It was driving me crazy. I thought, 'I really need new socks'. Ava received 2 stuffed bears during her hospitalization. I gave each one to Emily and Alexa so that they can hug them for Ava and love them for Ava until she can. I thought, 'I need another bear'.

One of our visitors bought me a pair of socks. Another provided the 3rd bear. I thought, 'Lord clearly you can do anything. So how about you now fix my baby.'

I know He provides, even if it's as seemingly as insignificant as socks and a bear.

3 comments:

  1. Rejoicing with you for now, in the little things...and still boldly asking God for the healing for Ava that you so desire. A healing that will baffle the doctors and can only give praise to one..our God! "Ask and Ye shall receive"
    Sending *hugs* to you and the family!

    Karrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great morning! You rock as a Mom.

    Praying this for you this morning,

    I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Glorious Father, may give you the spirit of wisdom and revelation so that you may know Him better.

    I pray also that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints.

    AND His incomparable great power for us who believe. That power is like the working of his mighty strength, which he exerted in Christ when he raised Him from the dead. Eph. 1

    That's some awesome power and Hope available to you.

    Praying for you today that God stays close.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for updating. Absolutely amazed you took the time. Continuing to pray for Ava. Glad to hear she is holding her own...and you continued faith in God is such a testimony of what true faith in the midst of trials and tribulation looks like. Let me know if you guys need anything.. I live about 10 minutes from the hospital and my daughter Allie was in class with Emily & Alexa at one time so I know she'd love a playdate opportunity.

    ReplyDelete