Sunday, November 29, 2009

Not so Great

Ava is pretty sick right now. More IV's, more blood draws more support. Her lactate is up. So we have heavy hearts. But for some unexplainable reason, we are not ready to throw in the towel. Boy do we understand what is going on. My body is tired of the fight. But that little baby laying in that crib is fighting. She smiles, she cries, she opens her eyes. She's trying. It makes it so hard to know what to do.

There really is no human way that Ava can overcome this. There just isn't. We both have not gotten the "word" from God that it is time for her to go Home. So we sit here and wait, still.

We have no results, we have no answers.

We had the girls come in today. They needed to see their sister and she needed to see them. I can not begin to tell you the depth of my agony watching those girls love Ava, give her a snugly toy, and tell me that they want to bring her home. I get so upset that they have to deal with this in their young lives. It's when I cry out the most, "Why would you do this to them??" It's OK to question. It's OK to be angry. God can take it and He wants it from us. I will never ever know the answer as to why we are called to this. Why our daughters have to endure such heart ache and sorrow. What I would do to wipe that look from their eyes. I know this is part of God's plan for them as well and they are made to take it. But my heart is ripped out thinking about it. It's too raw, deep and yet right there, under the surface.

I keep hearing stories of children who almost died and who were healed. It happens. I wish it were for us.

3 comments:

  1. I pray that you will have a story of a baby that almost died and was healed. Praying for all of you, and a miracle for Ava.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your entire family continues to be in my prayers. I feel as though I have been down this road myself with my darling little Grandson who was called home to Heaven 8 months ago today at the age of 2 1/2 years. It is so difficult with so many questions left unanswered yet God is there to always pull us through. I pray for you to have continued strength to be there for your beautiful little Ava who truly is a gift from God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a friend of Kirsten Bruder & her husband. I have been reading your blog and my heart aches for you. I am praying for Ava and your entire family. I am praying for a miracle - that Ava will come home to you, her dad, and sisters.

    ReplyDelete