Sunday, November 29, 2009

Prayer

Ava was tucked in her hospital bed exuding peace and grace when we left tonight. That's not really what we walked into when we got home.

While Emily and Alexa were having such a hard time at the hospital and leaving it today, Elaina was having her hard time tonight. I can't imagine how her little 2 1/2 year old little mind is processing all of this. She is just catching up to the fact that she has a brother that is in Heaven and is so desperately trying to see about her sister in a hospital bed. She is actually getting it as best as she can, but it is just so heart breaking.

Emily and Alexa have a lot of questions about the hospital and the changes in the color of the tape they have on Ava's face (to hold the tubes). I have to be honest, it breaks my heart every time they tell me that they don't want Ava to be in the hospital. I just tell them that I don't want her to be there either.

We've been home in time for Bible and Devotional with the girls. Allan and I noticed that all of the Bible stories and Devotional pages are all about God's power and the miracles He performs. today we heard two stories from Mom's whose children were nearly dead and survived. We know that God can do it. We also know that what Ava is dealing with is not just some nasty life threatening infection. Until He tells us otherwise, we will continue to pray for a miracle and healing for our little girl. We will also pray for protection and peace for our bigger bugs.

6 comments:

  1. Continuing to pray for guys! I can't imagine trying to explain to a 2 1/2 year old what is going on with her baby sister.

    I loved reading in your earlier post about the peace that is in Ava's room at the hospital. May the Peace that surpasses all understanding continue to guard your hearts and minds through Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Benton family,
    In the name of Jesus we lift up this whole family to you. For your care, guidance and peace. Lord we declare you are a wonder working God whose Hand is everywhere and in everything. You are the CREATOR. You created us and know our inner most parts. Lord we pledge for your mercy and grace for little Ava life. We ask for your comfort and peace to surround each and every person in the Benton family; most of all we ask for Your will to be done. We love you Lord and trust in You in all circumstances even in the toughest---yet we still praise you. Lord send your angels to surround Ava's bed for your presence to be felts by all. We ask all this in Jesus Name. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We want to shield our children from everything -- that's our job as parents. I will pray that your big girls are having their faith stretched and expanded even as they suffer with you. The Lord can bring gold from the ashes. Amy, I am so sorry. I keep checking the blog and want you to know I am still praying.
    -- from Becky Sodergren

    ReplyDelete
  4. We were (actually are!) talking about living out theology in my Bible Survey class today. You, Allan and your family are such an example to me about living theology. Its one thing to study it in a book academically. It is completely another to see it lived out before me.
    Your family is often in my thoughts and prayers, that God will continue to show you his will and to give you strength, wisdom and comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I am Adrienne Rohrman's sister Kelly. I wanted to write you and let you know that we are praying for little Ava. God CAN do anything and we MUST believe that. We are praying for comfort for her sleeping in a hospital bed (she won't remember this when she is older) and for understanding for the other pumpkins in the house. God will provide grace. I was at AI DuPont when I was a kid....GREAT doctors. I'll keep reading for more updates. Thanks for posting! Blessings to you all, especially little baby Ava

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Allan and Amy and the Four Little Ladybugs; May you know; so many others are out there praying; I believe; yes, in Miracles; I
    believe. I hope my prayers for your family are
    heard as others pray too.

    ReplyDelete