Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Peace Like a River

Ava had a repeat chest x-ray at 9:30 and her right lung is still not properly inflating (this is called "atelectasis") To correct this they have re-positioned her tube twice now and have increased her "peep", which will assist in better inflating her lungs (It's amazing how doctors can throw out words like "atelectasis" in one breathe and "pop her peep" in the next). The atelectasis is not a major concern, but it is a reason for anesthesia to not be comfortable in sedating her for the surgery. So the muscle/skin biopsy has been called off for today and we have started her feeds back up. So again, we wait...

Ava seems to be much happier with her breathing tube in a better position, and is having a much better day today. She is resting comfortably and peacefully and expelling the CO2 from her body much more efficiently (go figure!). Peacefulness for Ava goes a long way for peacefulness for mommy and daddy as well. So, for now, we rest in that...

4 comments:

  1. Glad Ava is having a better day and praying that her little lung will cooperate! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing the journey with us. We love you and are praying for your precious little one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Amy,

    If I could, I would jump in my car right this minute and come to see you so I could give you a big hug and tell you how much your sharing on this precious blog has made me want to be a better mother. My heart ached when I read an earlier posting where you wrote that you felt that you were not "mommying" any of your daughters. Amy, I wish I could take that feeling away from you and replace it with the fact that you are a role model for so many of us. Because of you, I want to be more patient with my children; I want to listen to them more; I want to hug them more; I want to be a better reflection of God for them. You have done so much more in addition to mommying your daughters. Through your actions and words, you have given me a priceless gift. I am so grateful.

    God's Blessings and Love to You Always,

    Merrie Lee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to give credit where it is due. Allan wrote this entry. :-)

    ReplyDelete