Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Hope for a Half an Hour

Ava did well through the night. She did have an increased heart rate. This could be due to the fever she developed. She tolerated her continuous feeding in the NG tube really well. This s a new formula. Her output is how it needs to be. So far no problems with her digesting the new food.

We had some snuggle time with the girls this morning. They are handling this whole situation with child-like wonder and supernatural grace. I so often worry about how Ava's situation and how we handle it will affect them. I can see God holding them. Today they go on vacation to my parents house. They are so excited.

Due to Ava's heart rate and concern about mito disease, Ava had an echo cardiogram today. She must of liked it because her heart rate went down and smiled and batted at her toy monkey. She even tried to talk to him. It was so cute.

Ava now has pneumonia. Not great for Ava because she's sick. But encouraging for us because she's sick. God is funny like that. Also encouraging: a repeat and more accurate lactate draw was done today. The results were clinically insignificant IE: a little high but irrelevant.

For now we pray we have a deaf preemie, as per usual. Whatever, it's getting us through this half an hour!

4 comments:

  1. Amy and Allen: We are continuing to pray for all of you. Please let me know if you need anything. In the meantime, we will just keep praying.
    Love in Christ,
    Jill Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Amy and Allan,

    Thank you from the bottom of my heart for taking the time to share with us your very real and tender feelings. You are all occupying a huge part of my heart. Amy, I told your brother today that my children and I are holding all of you so tightly in our hearts that I hope you can somehow feel it. I stopped by the church today. When I left I cried. These weren't necessarily sad tears. These were tears of gratefulness that you have a brother who loves all of you so so much. I am so happy that he lives close enough to you to not only support you emotionally, but physically, too. The warm embraces, hugs and being able to pray together in person is invaluable. My childrens' names are Bobby, Ryan and Ross. All of us are lifting Baby Ava and your entire family up to our Heavenly Father.

    Love Always and Always,

    Merrie Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you guys. We are continuing to pray for you all the time! Thank you for keeping us posted. God continue to give you his BIG BIG Grace.

    Dave O

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smiling and batting her toy monkey - precious!
    I really admire how you don't worry all about Ava only at the expense of the other girls. Not all parents know how to do that. I can see you snuggling with them and it is such a beautiful picture. I continue to follow your write-ups with awe and with prayers. Thank you so much for all you say - you encourage me immensely! Awesome that you are encouraging others. Only with our God - because with Him "All Things are Possible".
    You are in my prayers continually!!
    God Bless You All,
    Sandy Arthur

    ReplyDelete