Thursday, October 15, 2009

Today was laundry day. There used to be a time when I could just throw a load in and cycle it through and viola! Clean clothes. Now it has become a declared effort. It amazes me how many literal roadblocks occur between the family room and the laundry room. Today, as with every day,I make verbal lists: First you get your Blueberry Special K with milk, then I pour my coffee, then I pump and then we fold the laundry. Three bowls of "Blueberry K" and a bowl of Chocolaty K for me and three bowls of dry plain Cheerios later, the coffee is not poured, the baby needs to eat and no you may not take your cereal in the family room. No you may not either. No you may not either! The laundry sits.

It's late morning possibly noon, the clock in the kitchen needs new batteries so how do I really know? I declare, again, that today girls, we will FOLD. I get the baskets and commence. The baby is FINALLY down, after eating and eating and eating. Today was make up day after shot day apparently. The girls are getting hungry. Elaina is standing in my lap hugging me and generally wiggling. She says she's helping. Emily actually is, that girl can fold. Alexa is 2 feet away, coloring. At least she is not on top of me or some how in between me and my piles. Next thing you know I am banished from the kitchen. Emily and Alexa are gone and Elaina is still "helping".

I am summoned. At this time there is more folded piles than clothes in the basket. There on the kitchen table are 4 deli sandwiches, made to every one's taste. I tell you it was the best, and messiest lunch I ever had. It was Alexa's idea. She wanted to help me get the laundry done.

After lunch I was cleaning up the mayo off the floor and the mustard off the table. Now I'm banished from the family room. Emily, Alexa and Elaina took their clothes piles and put them in their respective drawers.

I really wished I took a picture of our lunch today, especially of Elaina who was playing in the mustard blob Emily put on her plate as a fun surprise. I now know where Dr. Seuss got his idea for the pink snow from. It's amazing what a very little dab of mustard can turn into.

1 comment:

  1. You are such a natural at this blogging thing! Now just start carrying your camera everywhere and grabbing pictures - like you have time for "one more thing"!

    ReplyDelete