Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Encouragement

Since Ava's 2 month appointment I've been feeling sad. I see how God is providing what we need in each moment to get us to the next. For that I am so very grateful. But the overriding emotion has been bleak. Allan's been feeling it too.

Ava has been so sleepy and not hungry from her shots. Then toward the end of last week she perked up. By Sunday to Monday she was hungry, hungry, hungry. Yesterday, no weight gain to speak of. Very discouraging.

Since she woke up after her Synagis shot yesterday she has been eating every three hours again and is noticeably stronger. She is holding her head more and I can feel the strength in her back. Her sisters have noticed it, Allan has noticed it, I notice it. This morning after Elaina got back from Preschool drop-off our babysitter told me,"She's stronger." Later today we had some visitors who noticed how she was supporting her head. This is an unbelievable encouragement to us as we continue to wait.

As far as the clipping of the frenulum goes, our pediatrician is getting in touch with Ava's ENT and will get back to me tomorrow.

A song comes to mind: "Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord. We will wait upon the Lord. We will wait upon the Lord. Our God, who reigns forever. Our hope, our strong deliverer...."

In despair there is always hope.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Amy and Allan,
    I know you know that you are all in the palm of God's hand. I just wanted to say that to you.
    God's Blessings and Love to You Always,
    Merrie Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy,
    My second son had a tongue tie and frenulum clipping at 6 months. It was the easiest procedure ever, no interruption in nursing. We are praying for your family and Ava.

    Kathy Colyer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Amy and Allan, our prayers are with you all as we await better and happy news about Ava. We love you all.

    Aunt Martha and Uncle Bob

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you today. Your blog is beautiful. I cry, I laugh. I cry, I laugh, I cry. You are in my prayers always. Amy~ You are an amazing mom!

    In Friendship~ Carolyn

    ReplyDelete