Sunday, October 25, 2009

Ava's Dedication Day

Today we dedicated our precious baby to God. Our pastor asked us 4 questions about our commitment to prepare Ava to have her own relationship with Christ. The 4Th question is about how we accept whatever God's Plan is for Ava. He asks these same questions every time he dedicates a child.

After Eric's death I realized all that question 4 means. Initially Allan and I thought, "of course, if our God wants our child to be ______________, we will support it."

But it is so much more than that. God's purpose for any of us is always perfect. Perfect doesn't mean easy. Sometimes it can be trepidatious and hard.

Today we made a commitment that we will pursue God's plan for Ava, no matter what the consequences. It's His plan and it is perfect.

Ava wore a dress that my mother made using material from my wedding dress. She also used lace from my dress as well. Each of our children were dedicated in an outift made by my mom with material and lace from my gown. The bottom of Ava's dress was adorned with lace from my sister's gown as well. There was only one lace flower left from using what we bought on my gown and three dedication dresses. She looked so pretty.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Amy,

    As you and Allan have made a commitment that you will pursue God's perfect plan for precious Ava, please remember that you have many friends and family members that love and care for you that are committed to pursue that plan right along beside you.

    The picture of Ava is simply precious. And, the story of how each of your children were dedicated wearing an outfit that included material and lace from your wedding gown is even more precious.

    I am so humbly honored to be able to comment on your blog that is overflowing with love for Ava and love for God.

    God's Blessings and Love to All of You Always and Always,

    Merrie Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful - a beautiful dress and a beautiful dedication - certainly the Lord is pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the story about her dress...that's SO special!!

    ReplyDelete