Saturday, October 17, 2009

Mission Impossible

Depart: 9:20am
Destination: Pediatrician
Mission: Flu shots for 3 ladybugs

In the car at 9:16am. Mommy and Daddy high five. Emily cries from the far reaches of the minivan, "I need a snugly toy". Two others chime in. Requests bounce around. Daddy opens the just closed garage door. Mommy runs in to retrieve Kitty, Dogie, and Baby-with the orange shirt.

9:18am- snugly toys dispersed and we are on our way.

Everybody was fine until we hear our names called. Emily and Alexa's anxiety levels increase. Alexa throws her sister under the bus and volunteers Elaina to be first. Elaina doesn't care she's getting the flu mist.

Aside from screaming, writhing and screaming "I want to go home. " "Don't make me do this", etc etc all were vaccinated and they were unscathed. Mommy and Daddy, not so much.

Off we went to the mall to spend our five dollar bribe money at the Disney store. (One had to cooperate starting with getting up, dressed, and out the door). We held a loose definition of cooperate when it came to the actual vaccination: Did Mommy require a trip to the chiropractor as a result of the flu shots? Not this year.

After 1 1/2 hours of indecision we came home with 4 kids, 2 boo-boo arms, three stickers, a Snow White doll, a Tigger phone, flashing Cinderella shoes, and 2 giant headaches not cured by the comfort coffee.

Mission accomplished. To what end, we don't know.

1 comment:

  1. Oh My Goodness! I am ROTFL! You are hysterical! I am sooo relating. I can just see you all in the pediatricians office. Too funny! (okay, maybe not then, but now!) What a great atitude you have about it. hehe.

    PS I wonder how much bribe money the Disney store gets from parents like us? They made at least $10 bucks off me just last week!

    What am I saying? I once took our kids to Disney World because all Mark and I had talked about for a solid year was buying a new house, moving into a new house, buying stuff for a new house, etc. They where sooooo tired of it all by the time we moved in? They just said "at least you will stop talking about it now"!

    ReplyDelete