Friday, October 30, 2009

Despite many efforts, no phone call from CHOP. I do think that our genetic counselor must have been out with the Swine Flu, excuse me: H1N1. I know hospitals have strict regulations on how long you have to be out and when you can come back to work. What I am most annoyed about is that there was no follow up or person covering. Ava has a Geneticist that she sees. You would think that she would have been interested in her results and sought them out. Unless, of course, she's that helpless with out her assistant. Which is entirely possible. I did try to call the main number to even see if our counselor was out. They were zero help and not really willing to go the extra mile. While I can be completely understanding, I do think that they will get a piece of my mind about coverage, return calls, the way the department runs etc. If our baby needs something, we need to trust the hands in which we place her.

So we are going into the weekend. I was supposed to have a letter by Tues. stating the plan in case Ava has a change in status and or gets ill. We, of course don't have it. So I pray she stays the same and we don't miss anything. It sure would be nice to know what they consider a reason to take her in. I panicked all weekend last weekend. Decided to take her to the pediatrician and found out the orange in the diaper was chemicals from the diaper. I sure don't want to take her to the hospital and pay all that money for that kind of stuff.

Ava had a weight check on Thurs. She gained 1.1 ounce and grew in length and head circumference. She tolerated fortifying her milk with formula, so we now are adding more formula to the breast milk. She seems to be doing well with it today. She is sleepy, but waking to eat in an appropriate time frame. She is also demanding to be fed and is trying hard to get what she needs. Usually on a sleepy day she is a bit more of a pain to feed. So it's encouraging that she's tired and more interested and better at eating.

Allan took the other three to Fall Festival at church tonight. I just got a call, it was a big hit to usher in the fun-filled Halloween weekend. What was nice is that I also got a bit of a break from all the chaos. It seems that I am always running somewhere or trying to catch up at home. I really loved the chance to be at home with Ava. The girls were so excited to have a "big sister date" with their Daddy.

Also good to note is that the Yankees and Phillies have a travel day today so maybe we can get to bed at a reasonable hour. The series is tied 1-1. So far all is copacetic in the Benton abode. But I have serious doubts about a harmonious home as we get deeper into the series!

Well the chaos just stormed in....

No comments:

Post a Comment