Saturday, January 30, 2010

Dress Up

WE ARE ON THE MEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is so nice to see the Bugs play together like they haven't seen each other in years. I have officially swapped throw up buckets and tea cup for putting ribbons in hair and helping each princess become more beautifuler.

It's a cloudy, grey and cold Saturday, but for the first time in a long while I don't feel like the weather matches my mood. I can't express how much I enjoy the sounds of clomping dress up shoes and far off sounds of Royal games.

Disney didn't only put a "bookmark on our sadness" (to borrow a phrase from a dear childhood friend), but it increased the imaginative play and fantasy in our house. Our games are full of swashbuckling fairies trying to save Wendy from Captain Hook. (I never said the story lines make sense). Our trip opened up their worlds and took them out of the rut of constant grieving into trying to live in light of grieving. It's a tough transition to make. It involves letting go and moving on. But when Captain Hook has to fight Peter Pan and Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, and Alice, you really have no choice.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! I am so happy that the trip has brought your family so much joy!

    ReplyDelete