Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to School

The girls went back to school today. I realized that I have not taken them to school and picked them up since the begining of November. Slowly we are "re-entering" our usual life. I had to catch myself a few times thinking about how fast I needed to get home so I could feed the baby. That's stinky. As we get into our "normal" routine, more things will magnify the hole in our family. I forgot about that part.

I also registered the biggest bugs for Kindergarten. Time marches on and we have to work on letting go. Sometimes soon than we are ready for. But it always has to happen.

When I came home I was greeted by Elaina who was tucking in Handy Manny Tools under the foyer carpet. Then they had to go to time-out for hitting her. Those are the moments I wish I could bottle up and keep forever.

Excitement in building in the Benton house for a Disney excursion. Most everyone can't wait to meet some various Princesses. Then most exciting thing is that the bugs can chew gum on the airplane (something which they have ever done). So cute. Gum. The solver of all problems in life.

One day at a time. My Grandmother's motto while she battled cancer. One Day at a Time sweet Jesus is what we sang at her Memorial Service. So simple. So helpful.

2 comments:

  1. Tucking Handy Manny tools in under the carpet. That made me smile.
    You Bentons are precious. All of ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be nice to freeze time when they are at this fun age!

    ReplyDelete