Saturday, January 16, 2010

A blow out and a lesson

Who would have thought that God would speak to me through a blowout diaper in the middle of Chef Mickey. Yup right there, with the grossness on my shirt as I picked up the excited little bug to meet Mickey, a lesson began. First off: DO NOT FORGET THE CHANGE OF CLOTHES. That set us back $80.00. (Elaina needed a new outfit and I a new shirt). Lesson 2: The hand sanitizer cloths I bought at Wal-Mart, well worth the pain in the neck they are to lug around. Lesson 3 is way more God inspired I would have to say.

Our diaper bag handles also broke. We are talking the most perfect bag for a trip like this in size, weight, the way it fit on the stroller and functionality. Broken. I am now over stimulated, over tired and under coffeeed. Elaina was over Miralaxed. I have poop on my favorite white shirt, Elaina is a mess, and Thing 1 and Thing 2 are oh so very curious and tired. They of course had to follow me into the bathroom, get in my way and cry about me throwing out my shirt and Elaina's outfit. We won't even discuss the meltdown x2 that lead to me keeping a broken diaper bag. It's 8:40am.

Off we go to regroup, repack a Mickey weekend bag (yours for only $12.95 with a purchase of $50.00 or more). It's too big and doesn't fit on the stroller. I want to go home. I hate it here and all other things that go into a full blown internal (well maybe not so internal) temper tantrum. I miss Ava. Big bugs are crying, on the Monorail, on the way to the bus stop for the Animal Kingdom. We did not throw out the bag, but yet Alexa is whimpering, Emmy is sad. We now are crying about Ava. I told Alexa that we could make a choice to have a good time, even though we don't feel like it. That we could be in a bad mood and try not to ruin the time for everyone else. I then looked at Allan and said, "Mommy is going to listen to what she just said." He just said. "Good".

Lesson 3: While I was upset about the disruption in my schedule/ "Disney Routine" I quickly became sad about not having Ava with us. It was like an "AAAHHH" moment. Of course they get sad about Ava when something else tips them off. Those feelings are just right there. Once you tap into them that's where you go. For the rest of the day I could approach their grief with a new level of understanding.

Today there was a lot of fun to be had at the Animal Kingdom. We met Pocahontas and Flick from "It's a Bugs Life". We saw the Lion King Show, went on the Safari, saw some tigers in Asia and some fruit bats as well (ick). We came back for a rest and a nap. A rest was short lived as the bugs were wound up. We had dinner in Downtown Disney at Wolfgang Puck Express- Highly recommend it. Emmy was having a sad time. More so than usual for her. Alexa said "It's hard to miss a sister that you love so much."

So beautifully stated. So much more understood where it comes from thanks to Elaina's blowout diaper. (We're potty training that kid when we get home!)

4 comments:

  1. Hang in there, mama. You two are doing a great job... And always remember "He gently leads those with young...". May God grace be huge and evident. I am
    praying for a blessed trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. as always Just beautiful. Glad you guys are having this time together. ENJOY Can't wait to see you back at church!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that God loves us enough to insert some reality into our over the top times, keeps us coming back to Him yes?

    You are doing an amazing job with three little bugs in Disney if this is your first "near miss" and what a stellar recovery! way to go!

    what's up with Chef Mickeys and new clothes anyway? Jillie's dress was absolutely adorable for a mere $40!, sheesh! Of course the only peice of satin anything (must have satin blankie when upset) I could find after a blow out and a screaming tired child was a $24 dollar Minnie wrapped in a blanket. . . what we will do for our little love bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your statement about 'choosing to have a good time.' I know I need to make better choices and realize how my choices will affect others. Thanks for the reminder!

    Thanks for the heads up on remember to bring a change of clothes into Disney as well!! Those little life lessons can be so co$tly!! ;-)

    Karrie

    ReplyDelete