Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Check ups

Emily and Alexa had their annual checkups today. Go figure they are the same size. (Had their feet measured for shoes today too. Same.)

Their exams were great, but Emmy didn't do so well on her hearing screen in her right ear. I felt like I was going to loose it, scream, throw up , cry all of the above. The nurse off the cuff mentioned that it was that way, but it could be wax. Like it's no issue. HELLLOOOOOO? What is the thing that I am most afraid of.

So I tried to be patient and wait for the exam. I tried to encourage the kids and be present for the questions. I'm thinking, "look in her ears, look in her ears already." No wax. I'm thinking, of course not. Why would there be?

I told the doctor that Emmy has a cold and that could be why. He did see that she was congested when he checked her nose. So they would do a repeat screen and a tympanogram neither of which I care to ever hear the words of again. The pediatrician did his best to give me the "don't worry until we know stuff shpeal". He leaves. We wait for the nurse.

My sweet baby girl looks at Alexa and says, "Alexa, I have to have another hearing test and you don't because the first time I couldn't hear since the thing kept falling out of my ear."

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I asked Emmy why she didn't tell the nurse. "I didn't want to interrupt the test."

She takes a repeat, the ear piece is on tight. She passes the test and the tympanogram shows that there is some fluid behind her ear.

Oh how I prayed that one of those test would have those results for Eric or Ava. I didn't think I would get my wish this time either.

My emotions are all jumbled up right now. But I am so glad that my bug is OK. So is Alexa who was a mess while she waited for her sister).

No comments:

Post a Comment