Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ready for a Change

We have spring fever around here. The snow is melting, the "biggest snowman ever" is now a scarf, twigs and a blob of snow in our front yard. The ground is too mushy for me to retrieve the scarf. I guess it will sit there for a little while longer.

Suddenly there are all kinds of questions and facts about Spring popping up in our house. "When it's Spring I can ride my bike." "EmilyAlexa, did you know in Spring the flowers come up. AND there are flowers in summer too."

Our art work is now moving focus from people and snow to flowers, green grass and caterpillars. Allan even told me that while I was working this weekend the bugs were in the garage sitting on their bikes. Seriously- that is pathetic.

I honestly don't recall our house ever being so primed for Spring. It doesn't even seem like this Winter has been too horrible. It the same weather patterns you would expect in Winter. We actually haven't had it nearly as bad as last year or as other parts of our country have this year.

I am even chomping at the bit for Spring to come.

For the last 13 months our souls have been in Winter. I think we are all ready to move to the next step. To be refreshed, renewed and encouraged. The last year, with all of the bright highlights, is overcast. I think we are ready to face into the wind and change from "hanging on" to "being alive". I sure hope so. It's tough work to feel bogged down all the time.

The bugs are blooming right now too. That is fun to watch as always.

I know it's February. I know it's still winter and more storms and grey days will come. Each season has tumultuous weather as do the seasons of our souls. To have a break in the monotony is just nice.

1 comment:

  1. Amy,We are SOOOO ready for spring over here too!! Your blog post reminds me of Steven Curtis Chapman's song "Spring is Coming" have you heard it? Its so powerful, and filled with hope!

    ReplyDelete