Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Questions and Answers

We are having a blast at Saddle Ridge Ranch I tell you. Although on the way home today Emily asked, "But why do they want us to get up sooo early?"

I had no answer.

I did have an answer for Alexa's two questions tonight. She cuddled right up to me and said, "Mommy, I hope that when I grow up I don't have babies that die. But if I do, will you pray for me?"

I scooped her up (which is getting hard to do with my leggy nearly 6 year old) and told her that I am already praying that that doesn't happen. I will pray for her and I will be right there to help her. I also told her that is why we are seeking testing so we can determine if the bugs need to worry about what Eric and Ava had.

Our devotion tonight was talking about how God created a bug to be a bug and you to be you. It was a nice reminder that He is in charge and Eric and Ava were created by Him and are not a broken mistake. Sometimes I need to remember that.

Alexa's other question was at story time- Bearstein Bears Go to School. They walk to school on the last page. But they take the bus earlier in the book. She wanted to know why they were walking to school. In a moment of what I can only consider as Mommy Brilliance I said, "To reduce their carbon footprint. Now get in bed so I can tuck you in."

So we are plugging on. They are learning to be H-A-P-P-Y because God loves them. I am trying to keep up with the pace of a busy snack kitchen. I guess I should take a moment and know that I can be H-A-P-P-Y because God loves me too.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not married and I have had no children, so I often feel as if I shouldn't be presumptuous and compare my thoughts and feelings to yours. But what you said today about Eric and Ava not being a broken mistake really hit home with me. I've been struggling with myself and some recent decisions that I have made. I pray and ask for guidance, but I can't help but fear that I have made the wrong choice, that I am only making mistake after mistake.
    "God created a bug to be a bug and you to be you. It was a nice reminder that He is in charge and Eric and Ava were created by Him and are not a broken mistake."
    Sometimes I need to be reminded of this too. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete