Monday, August 9, 2010

Peachy

I started to train to run a 5K. The first 5k I will run will be for the Joy-Hope Foundation. It will be in October and once there is an online registration (by the end of the week) I will tell you all the details. For now I am lost in planning the event, getting the Foundation "live" so to speak and getting ready for our vacation in a few days.

So because I seem to have so much free time, what did I do today, while Lain and I are sick? Yup, we met my Mom and Dad and picked peaches. In 35 minutes the 6 of us picked 212 pounds of peaches. I think Lain was responsible for 50 all by herself. So now I get to peel and can peaches. Oh and I think I'm out of lids.

Crazy? Yes, but last year we did not get to pick peaches due to the arrival of little miss Ava. So I needed to do that this year. So we did. Now I won't sleep. Especially since I'm blogging.

Today I walked in after my run to find Allan trapped under drippy and smiley Elaina. It was 6:20am. There went my quite time. We drew pictures and cuddled. It was really nice. Lain drew a picture of 6 people- biggest to littlest- 5 holding hands with lines around the edges. She told me ," Mommy this is me, this is Emmy, this is Lexa, this is Eric, this is Ava and the biggest one is you. See we are all in a Stadium and all your children are holding hands with you."

Tonight was the first time in MONTHS that Lain asked me, "Mommy, why did Ava die and go to Heaven?"

Emily, on the other hand, is doing much much better. Thank you for all your prayers for her.

Lex is laying low right now, but she really was grieving the hardest early on.

Here's the thing. I don't think it's fair that I get to be PMS and have Ava's birthday on Friday. I think that is mean.

2 comments:

  1. I'd have to agree with that Amy. I'll be praying for you especially on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Heaven questions are always the hardest for me to answer for my son. How can I explain it when I don't quite get it myself.

    ((hugs)) to you in this very difficult month

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete