Wednesday, June 23, 2010

It's Oh-Fish-al

Well, I am here to tell you that the prayers are working. We are all a little more settled. Which is amazing since we've been really really hot this week. For the 3rd time in 6 weeks our A/C broke. It is now temporarily fixed. Unfortunately we need a new one. There is a laundry list of things we need to replace in this house. The problem is that we can't get to them b/c of the things that need help that we weren't expecting. I am trying not to let it set me off too much. Sometimes I am successful in that, sometimes not really. At least I'm trying.

Our big news is that little Miss Elaina Bug is OH-Fish-ally BIG! As Allan said she somehow decided that it was her idea and that was that. We are Oh-Fish-ally proud of her. She decided that now that she is big she can go to Emily and Alexa's Sunday school class and sit in the third row in the mini van with them. So cute. I won't lie and say that there isn't a little twinge when I think that I don't need to buy diapers, wipes and all that paraphernalia anymore. What Mommy doesn't look forward to that day, but feels sad that the baby is growing up? This is just one of those things where if it were 2008 I would be looking gleefully ahead to this step. In 2009 I would have been counting down to how many more kids I have left to train. In 2010 I am glad to be done and wish I still had more to go (well, sort of I really do think potty training is of Satan.)

Tomorrow we are having our first official Board meeting of the Eric and Ava Benton Joy-Hope Foundation. Not sure what emotion to assign to that (excited, nervous, bittersweet?).

I think now I am looking forward to stringing together a couple of less complicated days. That sounds good to me.

1 comment:

  1. I, too, will be sad as well when my youngest is finally oh-fish-ally big. However, I will buy wipes forever! I use them for EVERYTHING!

    -Erica

    ReplyDelete