Monday, June 7, 2010

Deleting Cookies

My mind has been so consumed lately I have no clarity. I'm not sure what is going on. But I find that I am simply spinning my wheels. I am in a period when I feel like I am seeing through the mundane and frivolous and am focused on God, His nature and how limited we as people are.

I see that all of our bodies are broken and are breaking. I see that we all have chains that bind us and hold us back from truly feeling free and experiencing what this life has to offer. It's those little things someone said to us when we were little that resonate. It's the tone that a positive thing was said but became misconstrued. These barriers keep us from living out loud. Living a genuine life.

Why do we feel the need to keep up pretenses? Follow in cookie cutter decorum? What is holding us back from breaking that mold and radiating the potential that God has for each of us?

The things in my mind that are holding me back are bubbling to the surface and being revealed to me. Each one I recognize and feel really stupid when I see how unfounded or misinterpreted it truly is. If you want to accomplish goals, you can not set yourself up to fail. I am trying to dust off my cobwebs and face that which holds me back.

By holding on to those things which bind you, life is crimped, tunnel visioned. We need to look beyond the skeletons and see that we can "Soar on the wings of Eagles" if we allow God to clean out the cookies in our minds. You know all those things that clog up our minds and slow our functioning.

Oh wouldn't my psych professors be so proud of me as I describe self-actualization!

My cookies? Thinking I can't do something because it's hard. Thinking that it's not worth it. So why try.

There are so many reasons to not try. So many things that can go wrong if we put ourselves out there and try something new. Ohhh we may even be rejected. Here's the deal. If we don't put ourselves out there, we'll never know. If we don't follow the path God has for us we will never be free.

I am not saying that the road is easy. Most often it's not. But I long to break free from my cookies and soar with God. I try, I succeed. I try, I fail. I feel discouraged, I keep pressing on. (OK so "Tubthumping" by Chumbawamba just popped in my head "I get knocked down, but i get up again...." Great now I'm going to sing that for the remainder of the day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment