Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Elaina's Bedtime Conversation

For four and a half months now Elaina has been asking me "Mommy why Ava in Heaven?"
For four and a half months her answers to the question generally stay the same.
For four and a half months I watch my little buggie boo process death.

It's a tall order for someone who was 2 1/2 when her sister died.

For awhile there Elaina would tell me that she was a baby and then she died and then she came back and was big. (Not Oh-Fish-ally Big, I'm convinced that she will be 4 before that happens) just regular B-I-G.

Tonight Elaina asked me, "Mommy, why is Ava in Heaven?" (Even the question phrasing is maturing).

Following in my role, "Elaina, why is Ava in Heaven?"

"Mommy, she was sick. ummm what's next? Oh she went to the hospital and then she died."

"Elaina, does everybody who goes to the hospital die?"

"No."

"Right the hospital can help people get better too."

"Mommy, a lot of babies. No Some. No. Mommy, there are lots of babies that don't die. But Ava did. Can you get me a lot of books?"

"Mommy! That's not a lot of books!!!!!!!!"

"Mommy,When I feel my poopoos and peepees coming out I will runtothepotty."

"I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU!"

Just like that within the parameters of routine our three year old builds on her understanding and takes another step.

I love to watch her organize her thoughts. I hate the topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment