Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Big Steps

Today is the day we take our first official step in getting the Eric and Ava Benton Joy-Hope Foundation up and running. It's an exciting step. We are on the precipice of something wonderful. While I am wondering how all this will really be possible, I can't wait to get out there and help other families.

It's funny, I don't have many expectations about this meeting, I'm not sure if it's a "here's a boat load of money let's get our paperwork done" or a "these are the things we want to do" type meeting. I do know it's the first step and getting it off the ground.

Getting the foundation off the ground will lead to a 5K and planning a fund raiser concert event. I don't know the details, I know our vision. I also know that for the better part of a year now I haven't known the details and it all seems to work better that way. God is doing this. I'm just following.

While I wish there weren't any families that would need to go on vacation after the death of their child, I can't wait to make that a possibility for those people. I can't wait to bring awareness to a disease that is so misunderstood, especially in the medical field. I hope to band together with others who are affected and see where that goes.

What's really cool is that the bugs really want to do this as well. They have a very really idea of be supported from the community and they can't wait to dive in and return the favor. I had no idea that that would occur, what a cool and surprise blessing!

1 comment:

  1. This is great news! I wish you the best of luck in getting this foundation up and running. Your strength and faith have been inspiring to me and I wish the best for you and your family. I too hope this will bring this disease into the light and perhaps through awareness, something can be done to help those who are affected by it.

    ReplyDelete