Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Saga Continues

Sooo, we were doing pretty well there for a bit and now littlest bug doesn't feel like Potty Training anymore. Here's the kicker. She's trained. She knows when to hold 'em and she knows when to fold 'em. She can control everything until she feels like getting treats.

So today, she's back in Pull Ups. She wants to wear her alligator underpants, Captain Hook is afraid of alligators, you know. She LOVES her underpants. I told her that she's all done potty training and that she can't wear her underpants. "But I want a chocolate chip!" No, you aren't ready to be a big girl. Once you decide then you can have your underpants on. Now you wear a Pull-Up which is a diaper so that means you are a baby and not big.

"Mommy I am BIG."
"As soon as you choose to use the potty, you will be big. Now you are a little."
-Did you know that little girls cannot wash hands by themselves, choose shows, tell mommies what to eat????

"Hey Mommy, I'm big."
"What are you wearing?"
"A Pull-up".
"Ok, you are not big yet."
Ok, so I am aware that what I am telling my daughter goes against all of Huggies' diligent advertising. Swimming up stream I am. Their theme song, "I'm a big kid now" does not apply here. The bottom line is that a Pull-up is nothing more than a reconfigured diaper that all three of my girls use as a crutch.

Alexa chimes in, "Elaina you can't have your birthday party!"
Of course she can have her birthday party, it just won't be a big girl celebration. It will be a birthday party.

So here we are at 9:57am on day 5. The strong-willed child has a pull-up on and the ball is in her court. Secretly I am hoping that she likes this new found control and makes up her mind to continue the journey. (Won't my parenting skills really shine then? Brilliant I am.)

Realistically, I realize that I lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment