Monday, March 15, 2010

Oh-Fishally

It has been a little busy around our house this last week. Our littlest bug turned 3 on Saturday. I can not believe where the time went. I found myself looking at her and wondering why she is so big. Then my eyes gaze over at the matching bugs and I am stunned once again. They are changing and growing up before my eyes. Allan tried to shrink Elaina, it didn't work.

Lately for the Potty Training adventures we've let Lain navigate the course. Mostly because I don't have the energy to put into the effort. The secondary reason is because we are so busy flitting from here to there this last week that we needed to not be trapped in the house.

Most of the time she tries to tell me that she is big. Elaina truly believed that when she turned three, she would be big. So when she tells me that she is big. I nicely inform her that she is not. She does not enjoy this (or anjoy it as Emmy spelled it by sounding it out this weekend) at all.

On the way to church yesterday she was happily chatting about being three, having a party "to celebrate me" and being big. "Mommy, I'm big. Right Mommy? I'm big."

"No you're not."

"MOMMY. I'm big! Yes I am. Look at me, I'm Long."

"No you're not." "Where do you put your peepees and poopoos?"

"I DON'T KNOW."

"Mommy, I'm big."

"You're getting there, but you are not officially big until you put ALL your peepees and poopoos in the potty, not your pull-up."

"Mommy, I'm oh-fishally big."

"Nope."

Did I mention that our Sunday Morning trek is a half an hour?

Guess who kept her pull-up dry through Sunday school and Family Fusion and the journey home? Guess who ran to the potty when she got home? "I'm big".

Oh there was a celebration, but there is no official biggness until....well, you know the drill.

Today, little Lain-Lain decided to use the potty of her own volition. She would tell me that she had to go and put what she said she had to do in the potty. (Imagine my excitement.)

After the second round, "Mommy, am I oh-fishally big, NOW?"

I told her that if she uses the potty all the time today and tomorrow, then on Wednesday she will be officially big and we will go buy a baby doll.

I don't want to spoil it, but she's doing great. Allan and I are just excited by the prospect that we may have found the hook.

1 comment:

  1. Love the rational thinking! I too want to squish my kids little!

    ReplyDelete