Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Endurance

Planning and Training to run the Have Joy. Spread Hope. 5K on Saturday is teaching me a lesson in endurance.

You have a deadline. You have tasks that must be completed before the date. There are your regular responsibilities and the pop up surprises along the way. There is always a snafu, you can count on that.

To finish you have to bear down, set your mind to it and pace yourself. If you go out too fast, you won't be able to sustain until the end.

I am finding that there are times I need to step back and take a break. I need to recharge and make my bugs the priority. Not the training schedule or the 5K. Not my job. My family.

In the middle of the chaos of life I am reminded not to loose sight of the 3 little goals who are usually right on top of me or under my feet.

2 comments:

  1. Hey a little off-topic, but I was thinking and praying for you and everyone involved in yesterday's run. I hope things went well. :D
    As always,
    In Christ,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can't believe I found you Amy! Don't know if you remember me, it's Lorraine Barnes from Midatlantic. Long story, but I have always remembered you, but lost track when the health plans went out of business. So,I think I told you one time, I always visit Eric's grave when I go to Gracelawn, my parents are buried there. I recently had to attend a funeral, & stopped by Eric's grave as usual. I happened to see Ava's grave, & was just astounded. I could not believe, here was another child, who lived 4 months, next to Eric, it had to be your child. But I could not believe this would happen to you again. So, I have been searching for a couple of weeks, couldn't find an obituary, tonight, for some reason, thought of it again, & I just entered Ava's full name in Google, & found this. I had no idea, I am so sorry, I can't imagine that you had to go through that again. I was reading through your blogs & enjoying the pics of your lady bugs. I have never "blogged" before, this is new to me. I hope I can find my way back here? Anyway, my email is lorrainebarnes@hotmail.com, I don't know how the communication here works. I will continue to try & learn this. I always remember our talks, about hearing loss etc, & visiting you, Eric & your family at the hospital. I hope we get to talk. Lorraine

    ReplyDelete